This Healthier One Pot Skillet Lasagna is loaded with veggies, ground chicken or turkey, and a homemade tomato sauce making it an easy, healthy dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes!
See the step by step recipe video down in the recipe card.
This healthier Skillet Lasagna has been a long time favorite on The Recipe Rebel, and it is finally getting an update!
As much as we love this Easy Lasagna Recipe (with oven ready noodles that save us a step!) and this Crockpot Lasagna (made with 6 ingredients!), this skillet lasagna still has a place in our hearts because of how much good stuff is in it!
It is a family and reader favorite around here for so many reasons!
- It’s made in one pot, which means easy clean up!
- It’s made healthier, with lots of veggies, ground turkey, and a homemade tomato sauce
- It is cozy and comforting — I love getting my carbs, my cheese and my veggies all in one dish!
- It’s made in 30 minutes, so it is totally doable any night of the week!
Ingredients and Substitutions for this recipe:
- Ground turkey: you can substitute ground chicken, ground pork, or lean ground beef. You can even leave it out entirely, and just add in extra veggies!
- Vegetables: I’ve used vegetables we enjoy and ones that pair well with these Italian flavors. You can add more, leave them out, or substitute for others your family enjoys! Mushrooms and spinach would be more great additions!
- Tomato sauce: I use plain tomato sauce (no salt, no sugar, no seasonings) or crushed tomatoes, but you can always use a jar of tomato pasta sauce (with salt and seasonings) if that’s all you have! Keep in mind you may want to reduce the salt and seasonings if you do.
- Lasagna noodles: you can substitute for oven-ready lasagna noodles, just keep in mind that your lasagna may be a touch saucier, as they are not supposed to absorb as much liquid. It will still be totally delicious and definitely not soup, I promise 🙂
- Cheese: you can use any cheese you want! You can swap it for a low fat variety, or add in some Parmesan for that sharp and tangy flavor we all love.
More one pot pastas you’ll love!
- Easy Hamburger Helper
- One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Healthier One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Me and pasta and cheese? I’m not sure when the love affair began but it’s not likely to end anytime soon. So I sneak in all the veggies I can to beef up that nutritional value!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Healthier One Pot Skillet Lasagna: a 30 Minute Meal!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken or lean ground beef)
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 small zucchini shredded
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes (or plain tomato sauce – 398ml)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 250 grams dry lasagna noodles (uncooked) about 8.75oz (9 regular noodles)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add pepper and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is browned and veggies are almost tender. Add carrot, zucchini, salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano and pepper flakes, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth and broken lasagna noodles and stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring often, until lasagna noodles are just tender (or to desired tenderness) — about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel