This Healthier One Pot Skillet Lasagna is loaded with sneaky veggies, ground chicken or turkey, and a homemade tomato sauce making it an easy, healthy dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes! The family will never know 😉
So it’s officially August, and here I am on my quest to bring you easy, practical, healthy meals that are family-friendly and toddler/preschooler approved.
Okay, so the only one who is actually picky in the house is me, but I’m happy to say that this is Ashley approved as well.
For me to eat a good dose of veggies, they have to be pretty well hidden. I know you probably think that sounds ridiculous — a grown woman who doesn’t know enough to just eat her vegetables! It’s true though.
What I do know is that I need to eat my veggies, and the only way that is going to happen is if they’re cooked together with a bunch of other delicious things that I love, and this Skillet Lasagna is right up there.
Because by now I’m pretty sure you’re aware how much I love my carbs.
Me and pasta and cheese? I’m not sure when the love affair began but it’s not likely to end anytime soon. So I sneak in all the veggies I can to make this a more reasonable meal on its own (because you know I’m not serving it alongside a leafy green salad!).
As you can see in the video, I made this in my 12″ Ceramic Pan which I love (maybe you’ve seen my profess my love on Snapchat….?) — it is totally non stick and is big enough for a full one pot meal! I also love using these silicone spatulas — they don’t scratch anything and they’re easy to clean!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Healthier One Pot Skillet Lasagna: a 30 Minute Meal!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken or lean ground beef)
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 small zucchini shredded
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes (or plain tomato sauce – 398ml)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 250 grams dry lasagna noodles (uncooked) about 8.75oz (9 regular noodles)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add pepper and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is browned and veggies are almost tender. Add carrot, zucchini, salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano and pepper flakes, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth and broken lasagna noodles and stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring often, until lasagna noodles are just tender (or to desired tenderness) — about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel