This Brownie Bottom Cheesecake is made with a fudgy, brownie base, a silky smooth no bake cheesecake and topped with piles of fresh raspberries. It’s an elegant holiday dessert that’s also naturally gluten free!
This Brownie Bottom Cheesecake combines all of my favorite things: chocolate, cheesecake, and fresh, juicy berries!
It is April 11 (my littlest is 5 months old today!) and we are supposed to get a dump of snow.
Mama’s not happy about it.
Last week I was on the hunt for fresh strawberries and I stopped at 3 different grocery stores before I could find a single container. I did, however, find a pile of the most gorgeous raspberries and it’s got my mind on this cheesecake, friends.
The base for this cheesecake is the best, fudgiest brownies ever and they also happen to be naturally gluten free. Since my brother-in-law has Celiac disease, I love having a few easily gluten free desserts in my back pocket! The brownie recipe is from the cookbook Flourless by Nicole Spiridakis and I think it’s the best I’ve ever had.
You are going to need a giant pile of chocolate to make it though, but we’re okay with that 😉
For the cheesecake, I doubled up on the chocolate and added some melted white chocolate in the cheesecake layer. When it firms up, it gives the cheesecake a luscious feel and helps it to set, and gives the most subtle white chocolate flavor (if you have people who don’t like white chocolate, they will probably never know it’s there! If you want, you could easily swap out for dark).
Add on some fresh berries: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or if you’re opposed to fresh fruit you can switch things up and add a drizzle of caramel and some toasted pecans for a Turtle version. I can just imagine how crazy good that would be!
But with Spring upon us (it’s coming, right?!?) I just had to top it with fresh fruit. I am so ready for all the fresh produce!
Watch the recipe video for this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake!
This recipe has been updated from November 21, 2016
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake with Raspberries
- 2/3 cup good chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups raspberries
- Brownie basePreheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" Springform pan and wrap the bottom with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, just until melted and smooth (don't overcook!). Whisk in brown sugar until smooth and let cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Stir in cocoa powder, salt and vanilla until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes until top is dry and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely.
- CheesecakeWhip cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine white chocolate and milk. Microwave on high in 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add white chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream as best as you can, using an electric mixer on low speed to combine if necessary. Spread on top of brownie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 4-6 hours or overnight. Top with a layer of fresh raspberries just before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3 days.