These Baked Mac and Cheese Cups are a fun meal or side dish — they’re family friendly, gluten-free and easy to customize! They’re also perfect for a party! Includes step by step recipe video
I love birthdays.
I love hanging streamers and balloons in the girls’ favourite colours (obviously, there’s a lot of pink). I love making their favorite foods to share with family. I love picking out the perfect gift or planning a fun day to make them feel extra special. I love having most of our family around to gather around a table of good food and celebrate together.
When my brother-in-law was diagnosed with Celiac disease a while back, I had to adjust my party plans slightly. I’ve learned to make a few staples (like these Monster Cookie Cheesecakes and this Black Forest Cake!), and I recently added these Baked Mac and Cheese Cups to the menu as well.
The family loved them. Everyone loved them.
And not one gluten-loving person noticed that I had swapped regular macaroni for Catelli’s Gluten-Free Macaroni. It has the same great taste and texture and these little cups turned out perfectly! Needless to say, there wasn’t a single one left over at the end of the night.
The birthday cake on the other hand? Not my biggest gluten-free success. We’re still working on that one 😉
*This post is sponsored by Catelli and I’m proud to be partnering with them this year to bring you easy, healthy, delicious meals to gather around at the table with the fam! These Mac and Cheese Cups are just the beginning 😉
- These Mac and Cheese Cups are naturally vegetarian and gluten-free — but be sure to check all of your packages to be sure.
- Feel free to add in your favorite veggies: broccoli, frozen peas, shredded carrots — whatever you’d add to baked mac and cheese is a go!
- You can easily swap regular macaroni for the gluten-free macaroni.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Baked Mac and Cheese Cups + VIDEO (gluten free)
- 1 cup Catelli Gluten-Free Macaroni, dry 125g
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 115g
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, cook macaroni in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or just until al dente (don’t overcook!). Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease 8 muffin cups (or use a silicone muffin pan, no greasing needed).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Stir in cooked macaroni and shredded cheese.
- Divide evenly between 8 muffin cups and bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown on top and completely set. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before running a knife carefully around the edge of the cup and removing. Serve.
*To MAKE AHEAD: Prepare up until baking, cover and refrigerate muffin pan until ready to bake. The macaroni will absorb liquid as it sits, so I recommend baking within a couple of hours for best results.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel
If I needed to leave out the egg, would you recommend any sort of binder?
Ashley Fehr says
Yes you’ll definitely need a binder. I’m not sure what would work best
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
What a fun addition to a party! Love how easy these are!
Ashley Fehr says
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Mac ‘n cheese cups make the BEST appetizer or side dish! I love whipping them up for parties, too. Everyone loves cheese, right?! I love how how easy this recipe is, Ashley! You are reminding me that I need to make these again, and soon!
Ashley Fehr says
They are so fun! Thanks Gayle!