This Spinach Ricotta Slow Cooker Lasagna is as easy as it gets — no cooking meat or lasagna noodles beforehand! Just layer everything in the crockpot and let it cook. Perfectly cheesy and loaded with spinach!
SO. Slow Cooker Lasagna?!?
That’s right, friends.
I’m not actually sure why I’ve never tried a slow cooker lasagna before today. As I’ve mentioned before, once I learned how to cook pasta in the slow cooker, my life was forever changed. This Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Chili Mac, and this Healthier Slow Cooker Hamburger Helper are proof.
And interestingly enough, this is my second slow cooker pasta recipe this week. I posted this Slow Cooker Baked Ziti on Monday for National Pasta Day!
This recipe is from my friend Samantha’s new cookbook, Real Food Slow Cooker Suppers. I was so excited to get this cookbook and share it with you guys! It’s full of two of my favorite things: (1) Real Food and (2) slow cooker recipes!
In this crazy time of year, I think you can agree we all need more of them!
I was so happy with how this lasagna worked out! Not to mention the house smells amazing while it’s cooking.
I love having a few 3-4 hour slow cooker recipes on hand for those days when you’re going to be out of the house just before dinner time for one occasion or another, and you want to come back and have it all ready for you. It’s perfect for weekends with the family!
You can grab a copy of Samantha’s book over on Amazon or anywhere books are sold 🙂
- 3 (10oz/283g) boxes frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 (15oz/425g) container ricotta cheese (I use light)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1¾ cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (24oz/680g) jars tomato pasta sauce (about 6 cups)
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles (not oven-ready)
- 4 cups shredded Mozarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, egg, parsley and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese.
- In another large bowl, combine the pasta sauce, water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Lightly grease a 6 quart slow cooker. Spoon ½ cup tomato sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker and spread into a thin layer.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in the bottom, breaking to fit if necessary. Spread ¼ of the ricotta mixture over noodles, and top with ¼ of the sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Repeat layers 3 times, starting with the noodles and ending with the cheese. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 3.5-4 hours until noodles are tender but not overcooked. Turn off the slow cooker and let lasagna set for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.