This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is made with penne pasta, crispy bacon, and juicy chicken pieces tossed in a flavorful ranch cream sauce. It’s ready in 40 minutes!
Table of Contents
Is there any ingredient trio more iconic than chicken, bacon, and Ranch? The rich and creamy Ranch paired with the smoky and crispy bacon and the salty and juicy chicken…I mean, come on.
Well, this Chicken Bacon and Ranch Pasta takes that classic trio and makes it into a simple, hearty, and delicious pasta dinner!
It’s made with the pasta shape of your choice, crumbled bacon, chicken, cream, broth, and Ranch seasoning! It takes just 10 minutes to prep and is ready in about 40 minutes.
- Bacon: I use thick-cut, chopped bacon to add smokiness and delicious crunch.
- Onion: sautéed onion creates a savory flavor base for the sauce.
- Chicken Breasts: you’ll need two boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs also work great!
- Dry Ranch Seasoning: gives the sauce the perfect flavor to go with its creamy texture. If you can’t find it, you can make your own or swap in a few tablespoons of ranch dressing.
- Garlic: as always, use freshly minced garlic for the best flavor.
- Salt and Black Pepper: added to taste.
- All-Purpose Flour: helps thicken the cream sauce.
- Chicken Broth: I use low sodium chicken broth so I can control the saltiness of the pasta.
- Cream: any kind of cream will work. A richer cream will create a richer sauce!
- Pasta: whatever pasta you like! Try rotini, penne, bowtie, cavatappi, macaroni, you name it.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
This easy pasta dinner takes a quick 10 minutes to prep!
- Cook the pasta: Cook the pasta of your choice in salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain, but save 1 cup of pasta water.
- Fry the bacon: In a large skillet, fry the bacon until browned, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain.
- Cook the onion and chicken: In the same skillet, add the onion in the bacon fat until soft. Add in the chicken pieces and fry until cooked through.
- Add the aromatics: Mix in the Ranch seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant.
- Make the sauce: stir in the flour, then add the chicken broth and cream. Cook until thickened.
- Combine and serve: Add pasta to the pan along with the bacon. Mix and add pasta water as needed until the sauce comes together.
FAQs for Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Leftover Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the bacon in leftovers won’t be quite as crispy. It will still taste delicious though!
Yep! To freeze your pasta, cool completely, place in an airtight container, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge if frozen, then warm on the stove on low until heated through.
You can make your own ranch seasoning (check out this recipe for ranch seasoning) or sub in a few tablespoons of ranch dressing.
- Make it spicy. Kick the heat up a notch with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or even your favorite hot sauce.
- Add veggies. Feel free to bulk up the meal and add in whatever veggies you like. You can cook them in the skillet with the onion! Try diced bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli florets, green beans, peas, spinach, you name it.
- Make it cheesy. Mix any cheese you like into the pasta OR make it into a cheesy pasta casserole. To make a cheesy casserole, prepare as instructed, then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese of your choice (cheddar would be delicious), then broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese is nice and melty.
This Chicken Bacon Ranch pasta is great on its own, but it’s also perfect next to a number of different side dishes.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 3 strips thick cut bacon (chopped)
- ½ medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into ½" pieces)
- 2 tablespoons dry Ranch seasoning (not dressing)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup cream (any kind, 10-30% fat)
- 375 grams pasta (any kind)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set on paper towel to drain.
- In the same skillet with the bacon fat, cook the onion until softened. Add the chicken pieces and cook until done, about 5-7 minutes on medium high heat (checking that the internal temperature is 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer is the best way to know if it's done)
- Add the Ranch seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper to the chicken and cook 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook until no white remains.
- Add chicken broth and cream, cooking and stirring over medium heat until thickened.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and add pasta to the pan with the reserved bacon. Add just enough pasta water as needed to make the sauce come together (you may not need any)
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel