These Almond Joy Brownies have a thin, fudgy brownie layer and are topped with a creamy coconut filling, almonds and a layer of chocolate! They are an easy treat for the holidays!
Almond Joy has always been a favorite chocolate bar for both the hubs and I. We disagree on our share of things, but generally dessert is not one of them.
We just love coconut! And, obviously, anything with chocolate.
This recipe is from my friend Aimee Berrett’s new cookbook 50 Fixes for Brownie Mixes, which is FULL of all things brownie. Clearly going to be a new favorite of mine!
Most of the time, I try to make things from scratch but there are always those times when you just need to bake something and quick. Maybe a child forgot to mention an upcoming bake sale? Last minute company? A chocolate craving you need to satisfy now? These recipes are perfect for those times! I have since updated this recipe to include one of my favorite from scratch brownie recipes, but a boxed mix works just as well in a pinch!
They are simple and yet totally decadent.
I went right to the Almond Joy Brownies (because, again, we love coconut!), and I think I was so excited to try them that I forgot to put the almonds on top of the coconut. I was so bummed, but I didn’t want to add them on top of the chocolate so I just left them out.
And then I added them all around the brownies in the pictures to serve as a reminder for next time.
But seriously? I am the worst at following recipes (hence “The Recipe Rebel”) and it’s not even something I do on purpose necessarily. I get so caught up in the melty chocolate that I forget all of the previous steps!
If you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, I’m sure you’ll love all the recipes from Aimee’s book — be sure to grab a copy for those new bakers and chocolate lovers on your Christmas list!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Almond Joy Brownies
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- 300 ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13″ pan with parchment and grease lightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar and whisk until combined. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Add the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder and whisk just until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar. Use a wet spatula or wet fingers to spread coconut mixture over browns. Place almonds evenly over coconut mixture (
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring each time until smooth. It should take 40-60 seconds total.
- Pour chocolate over coconut layer and spread evenly. Allow to set completely before slicing — place in the fridge to chill even quicker!
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel