This Christmas Fruit Salad recipe is an easy holiday side dish or dessert! It’s made with red and green fruit which makes it the perfect Christmas recipe for those parties, but also perfect any time of year!
I feel like sometimes fruit salad gets a bad rep.
Like often, it’s just a mish mash of bananas (uh), apples (delicious, but they quickly brown) and a can of some awful fruit cocktail. Let’s reinvent fruit salad!
While I often think of fruit salad as a summer thing (because here in Manitoba it can be difficult to find nice looking fruit anywhere in the dead of winter!), it’s the perfect light and healthy accompaniment to a huge holiday feast or a simple potluck.
Just promise me you’ll skip the bananas.
(P.S. I have nothing against bananas. But if you add them to a fruit salad that’s all you’ll taste).
I wanted to make a holiday version fruit salad because I know how much you already love this Creamy Fruit Salad with vanilla dressing. It’s great with any fruit!
Earlier this year I added this Hawaiian Fruit Salad to the family, and it’s time to bring fruit salad to the Christmas dinner table.
Tips for making this Christmas Fruit Salad:
- Feel free to load this fruit salad with any red and green fruit you see in the store that looks good. If all else fails, check out the canned or frozen fruit section of the store — just remember to drain any juices or you’ll end up with fruit soup!
- Resist the urge to make it too far in advance. Fruit salad is best made fresh, but the dressing can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- For a fun presentation, try making layers of red and green fruit in a large glass trifle bowl!
- The dressing on this fruit salad is very thin and mild — it adds a light, tangy sweetness and keeps the fruit looking fresh. If you prefer a thicker dressing, try stirring in a couple tablespoons of vanilla yogurt or pudding.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Christmas Fruit Salad
- 1 Granny Smith Apple sliced
- 1 red apple any kind, sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2 kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine all fruit in a glass bowl (be careful not to stir too much or the raspberries will squish!).
- Stir together honey, lime juice and water to make a thin dressing. Drizzle over fruit and stir gently to coat.
- May be covered and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel