These Air Fryer Turkey Nuggets are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! They are the perfect easy dinner or snack, and you can pair them with one of two different dipping sauces! See the step by step video down in the recipe card.
If there’s any meal that brings everyone to the table in record speed, it’s these crispy little turkey nuggets!
There’s so much to love about them:
- They are perfectly seasoned: savory, a bit salty, and a hint of spice.
- A boneless turkey breast filet makes these a cinch to whip up, and we love our turkey around here!
- They are a healthier option than those store-bought frozen nuggets, and the kids love them just as much (or more!)
- There are lots of different ways to make them your own — I’ve included a list down below.
These Air Fryer Turkey Nuggets cook quickly, so they are perfect for a weeknight meal when you need an easy win with the kids (or the husband, or the girlfriend, or your mom…. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love these!).
We love our sauces and dips in this family, so I’ve included two recipes for dipping sauce options: a sweet and sour sauce (my personal favorite, and my 8 year old I’m sure would drink this from a cup!), and a honey mustard dipping sauce, which goes well with so many things.
Feel free to serve with whatever you’ve got on hand that your family loves!
The Chefman Air Fryer:
I love how it makes these homemade nuggets a quick and foolproof weeknight meal, and it leaves no temptation for buying store-bought nuggets ever again!
It’s true that you could make turkey nuggets in the oven, but they are nothing like air fryer turkey nuggets!
These little bites are so incredibly juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and they don’t dry out in the air fryer like they would in the oven.
Variations on these air fryer Turkey Nuggets:
- You can easily bump up the spice in these nuggets by adding a pinch of cayenne to the breading, or add a big squeeze of hot sauce or sriracha to the eggs before coating.
- Add an Italian spin and serve with marinara sauce for dipping. For the coating, add ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Swap out the Panko bread crumbs for crushed Cheez-Its or another favorite cracker or chip for a fun flavor twist
What to serve with these Turkey Nuggets:
These air fryer Turkey Nuggets make a great simple meal, snack or appetizer on a large plate with a few different dipping options (included below!). Add a few fresh veggie slices for a quick, healthy lunch!
And of course, I’ll never say no to a big bowl of mashed potatoes topped with crispy chicken bites à la KFC. 😉
What to do with leftover Turkey Nuggets:
Got leftovers? No problem!
Although leftover nuggets (and other breaded things) don’t reheat well in the microwave, there are ways to make them taste just as good as they did fresh!
Preheat a large pan over medium heat and coat lightly with non-stick spray (this helps to crisp the nuggets back up).
Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until warmed through and crispy on both sides.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray (you can use parchment, too, but I find they get crispiest right on the baking sheet).
Place the leftover nuggets on the pan and cook for 6-10 minutes, until hot.
*This post is generously sponsored by Chefman and Turkey Farmers of Canada and I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Air Fryer Turkey Nuggets
- 1 lb turkey breast filet (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or substitute any milk)
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (fine)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey (clear)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1.5 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- Preheat Chefman Air Fryer to 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut turkey breast into "nuggets", roughly half inch thick and 1.5-2 inches long. (I usually get about 25-30 nuggets per turkey breast filet)
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder in a large zip top bag.
- Add raw turkey nuggets. Seal the bag and turn and toss until all are coated.
Coating the nuggets
- Gather two medium but shallow dishes.
- In one dish, whisk together egg and milk.
- In the other dish, stir together bread crumbs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Working one by one, remove turkey nuggets from bag and dip each in egg mixture, then coat in bread crumb mixture. Place on a large plate until all are coated and ready to cook.
- Place 8-10 nuggets on rack in Air Fryer and spray with non-stick or oil spray. Set the timer for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip nuggets at the 4 minute mark and spray the other side with non stick spray before continuing to cook.
- Turkey Nuggets are done when a meat thermometer reaches and internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Whisk together mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- Whisk together sugar, vinegar, ketchup, corn starch and soy sauce in a medium skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel