These Rainbow Bagel Fruit Pizzas with Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread are a fun breakfast or snack! Topped with a homemade, naturally sweetened strawberry cream cheese spread and fresh fruit that the kids (and the rest of the family!) will love! A fun treat for Easter, St. Patrick’s Day or any day! Includes step by step recipe video.
Can I just say I had an unreasonable amount of fun creating these bagel fruit pizzas?
When I first picked up my Arla Lactose-Free Cream Cheese, I wasn’t totally sure what I was going to make with it. Obviously we needed to celebrate National Bagel Day last week, and we needed to do it in a big way.
I thought of making a naturally flavoured cream cheese spread, maybe strawberry or maple cinnamon… wouldn’t that be delicious?!? Something simple and but full of flavour?
But it just didn’t seem BIG enough, you know?? What can we top that beautiful spread with to take these over the top?
With Spring around the corner (we are crossing our fingers that the weather will reflect that!), and St. Patrick’s Day, and Easter, and all the bright, fresh flavours that we’re craving, I figured nothing would be better than a gorgeous layer of fresh fruit in all shapes and sizes and colours.
My girls are big on toast in the morning. Since I introduced them to bagels our breakfast has never been quite the same! These bagel fruit pizzas are taking their morning toast up a notch or ten, with a homemade strawberry cream cheese spread and piles of fruit. They’re a fun, colourful, and nutritious breakfast that definitely catches their eye!
What I love about them?
I love that we’re ticking all the boxes here. We’ve got fibre in the bagel and the fruit. Protein in the bagel and the cream cheese. Simple, wholesome ingredients, and a naturally sweetened spread and fresh fruit topping the whole thing off.
Also, I mean, rainbows.
This is my first rainbow food here on TRR, but I’d be surprised if it was the last. These fruit pizzas were way too much fun to make!
Tips and Tricks for Making these Rainbow Bagel Fruit Pizzas with Strawberry Cream Cheese:
- You can use any flavour of bagel you like! My girls love the blueberry ones for an extra bit of fruity flavour, but the husband and I love using multigrain or whole wheat for the fibre and protein to get us through the morning.
- You can absolutely mix up the fruit in your cream cheese spread — try another berry or get a little crazy!
- These fruit pizzas are perfect for a brunch gathering and can be made ahead and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve — I wouldn’t store them any longer than a couple of hours though!
Watch the recipe video and see how easy they are to make!
*This post is generously sponsored by Arla Foods and I have been compensated for my time in creating this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!
Rainbow Bagel Fruit Pizzas with Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 200g package Arla Lactose Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries pureed (frozen will not work!)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- thinly sliced strawberries, nectarines, pineapple, kiwi, blackberries and blueberries or other fruit as desired
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, strawberry puree, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla. Mix together using a fork or whisk (I find a fork works best!).
- Spread strawberry cream cheese on half of a bagel, and top with sliced strawberries, nectarines, pineapple, kiwi, blackberries and blueberries or other fruit as you prefer.
- Serve and enjoy immediately! Leftover cream cheese spread can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.