These Cordon Bleu Chicken Enchiladas are an easy, make ahead meal to keep on hand for busy weeknights! Loaded with chicken, ham, cheese and spinach, then smothered in Alfredo sauce and cheese, they are pure comfort food! Includes step by step recipe video.
When I first started blogging, I was determined to be different. To be unique. To find some of the craziest ideas out there and then mash them up so they were even crazier and — hopefully — more delicious.
I’ll admit, I look back to some of my first recipes on here and cringe a little. It took me a while to realize that what most people want are recipes that you are actually going to go to the kitchen to make for dinner, that are doable. Not crazy or extravagant or time-consuming.
So I went back to the basics, for quite some time actually. And I’m just now starting to feel a yearning to get a little crazy — just a little — again. One of the best parts of food blogging is getting to create — the kitchen is truly my art studio.
These Cordon Bleu Chicken Enchiladas are pure comfort food, born out of two entirely separate but delicious things: chicken cordon bleu and enchiladas. But they are seriously incredible and, maybe best of all, make-ahead-able. Perfect for those crazy, stressful days of school and holidays and sports and dance classes and swimming lessons and life.
Tips and Tricks for Making these Cordon Bleu Chicken Enchiladas:
- I prefer to use whole wheat tortillas for some extra fiber and protein, but any flavor will work just as well. Feel free to use the smaller ones, too! They’re perfect for the kiddos who need smaller portions.
- Also feel free to add a ton more vegetables to the filling — cooked carrots, peas, mushrooms, steamed asparagus… you can really go any direction you want. I wanted to keep my base recipe pretty simple and straightfoward, so I only added some chopped spinach so that I had some veggies in there, but you can definitely load them right up!
- If you’re going to make ahead, you’ll definitely want to leave the sauce of the top so that they don’t get soggy — simple spread it on and sprinkle with cheese before baking!
- Speaking of sauce, store bought Alfredo works totally fine if that’s your thing or you’re short on time. Me? I try to make everything from scratch as often as I can, but I know that life gets crazy and sometimes you need a shortcut!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Cordon Bleu Chicken Enchiladas Recipe + VIDEO
- 3 chicken breasts seasoned, cooked and chopped (450g or 1 lb)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chopped ham (185g)
- 1/3 cup frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry (30g) *
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 100g, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13″ pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, ham, spinach, 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
- Divide filling between tortillas and roll up tightly. Place in a row in prepared pan (you will probably have to squish a little — that’s okay!). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add flour, stir until combined and cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with remaining 1½ cups mozzarella cheese and bake for 25-35 minutes until hot and cheese is starting to brown. Serve.
**I made these first with large and then with small tortillas — we actually prefer the smaller enchiladas but you will get 10 enchiladas with the filling instead of 8.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel
I made this recipe and it was amazing, friends ask for the recipe. Definetely going to make this again.
Thanks for sharing your recipes
Ashley Fehr says
Yay, so happy to hear that! Thanks Norma!
I made this recipe, it was delicious all gone, friends ask for the recipe, this is number 1 in my recipe book.
I cannot find the video for this one please help
Ashley Fehr says
Sorry, updated the post!
This s a good idea to have chicken cordon blue, these looks amazing. I will prepare for a family
reunion soon.Thanks for sharing you delicious recipes.
Ashley Fehr says
Thanks Norma! Let me know how you like it!
What an awesome idea! I love the the idea of chicken cordon blue in an enchilada form 🙂 And anything I can make ahead is always great. This is comfort food at it’s finest!
Ashley Fehr says
Sarah @Whole and Heavenly Oven says
Okay, these enchiladas are seriously like the comfort food of my DREAMS. I’m dying over all that chicken cordon bleu goodness!