Do you know what the only thing better than supper in the slow cooker is?
Supper in the slow cooker and not having to wash it after.
But seriously, do you guys use slow cooker liners? Genius. I’m not even being paid to write about slow cooker liners, but man, I really, really like them.
And I really, really dislike washing my slow cooker. But I do it. Because slow cooker meals are awesome. This isn’t even a contest to see how many times I can use the words “slow cooker” before you guys get annoyed and visit another site.
So, I’m not a big steak person.
I know, it’s weird. I guess I’m just one of those people who would be perfectly happy eating ham, chicken and ground beef pretty much all her life.
And bacon, obviously. You can’t forget the bacon.
Anyways. So I usually end up cooking my steak in the slow cooker, like in this Mongolian Beef recipe. Some of you might think that’s super lame. But bear with me. At the end, you get a steaming bowl of the most flavorful potato chowder you’ve ever had.
So every once in a while my mind gets wandering, and I start thinking, “philly cheesesteak… what can I philly-cheesteak?”
Potato chowder, obviously.
Hearty, rich potato soup totally goes with slow cooked beef and green peppers and cheese. Because what doesn’t?
You might also like this Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef!
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 5 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 lbs steak (I used round steak), cubed
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic, depending on your tastes
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- Add peppers, onion and potatoes to slow cooker.
- *In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Brown beef for 1-2 minutes, until browned on all sides. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add worcestershire sauce, broth and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high. In a bowl, combine milk and flour with a whisk - make sure there are no lumps. Stir into slow cooker, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in all of the cheese, or reserve some for garnish. Serve