Creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar and bacon all rolled up in lasagna and topped with Bechamel sauce, more cheddar, bacon and green onions — an easier way to enjoy homemade perogy flavor!
I’m kind of obsessed with perogies.
If I had no conscience, I could eat them almost every day. Being that they’re made of cheesy, bacony mashed potatoes stuffed inside soft dough and covered in other equally delicious things, I try to restrain myself a little.
Just a little.
But I have a confession to make.
It’s not like I’ve never made homemade perogies. But usually, unless I have leftover mashed potatoes from another meal, I’m just not even going there. To make mashed potatoes, cool them down, cook some bacon, shred some cheese, stir it in, make perogy dough, roll it out, stuff perogies, cook perogies, and in our case, make Beschamel sauce to serve with them — ain’t nobody got time for that.
Ok, some people have time for that. Occasionally.
But it means that homemade perogies don’t make it onto the menu very often. With these perogy rolls, you’re taking out at least a couple steps, because you don’t have to make the dough and they’re a lot easier to roll up. If you’re using leftover mashed potatoes like I did, even better. And if your significant other is the primary cheese shredder, as mine is? Easy peasy.
I got this idea because I had made a perogy lasagna that I found on the Kraft website. We loved it.
I had also seen all kinds of crazy lasagna rolls on Pinterest, so I thought, why not?
These are so, so good.
I feel like if I say that too much, you might stop believing me. But honestly, INCREDIBLE.
I mean, if you’re into pasta stuffed with herb and garlic mashed potatoes, crispy bacon and cheese and covered in Beschamel sauce for good measure.
We most certainly are.
A creamy potato, bacon and cheese perogy filling stuffed inside cooked lasagna noodles -- homemade perogy flavour without all of the work!
For the perogy rolls
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and cooled (I cool mine by running under cold water)
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes (mine were seasoned with herbs and garlic)
- 5-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
For the Beschamel sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
Garnish -- optional
- additional cheese, bacon, chopped green onions, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay lasagna noodles out on a clean, lint free kitchen towel.
- Spread each noodle with about ¼ cup mashed potatoes. Sprinkle each with cheese and bacon.
- Roll up and place in a greased 9x13" pan. Brush with melted butter to keep from getting dry (and to help with browning when broiling if desired.)
- Bake 20-25 minute until heated through.
- Meanwhile, make your beschamel sauce. Melt butter in a medium pan. Whisk in flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in 1 cup milk, cooking over medium heat until thickened. Whisk in remaining milk, stirring and cooking until thickened. Serve over perogy rolls with optional garnish.
You might also like these Perogy-Stuffed Shells!
More lasagna roll ideas!
Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna Rolls from Kristine’s Kitchen.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Rolls from The Gunny Sack.
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Rolls from Simply Gloria.