A complete breakfast, brunch or brinner made on the grill or in the oven with no pots or pans! Full of potatoes, ham, peppers, onions, eggs and cheese – the perfect summer meal for any time of day!
I know it seems too good to be true, but it’s not.
I mean, you will probably need a cutting board to chop your veg and such, and a bowl and whisk for your eggs, but there are no pots and pans requiring washing after this meal.
Because it’s summer, and who wants to be inside washing dishes?!
I’ve been thinking up some ways to use them to make a whole meal in, because why not? They come ready to go in a disposable foil pan that is perfect for cooking all kinds of things in!
How fun are these flavors?!
We love breakfast (you know, just in case you’re dropping in here for the first time) so a breakfast casserole came to mind right away. It’s so easy to mix it up and add whatever meats, vegetables and cheese you like!
I actually made two at the exact same time, one on the grill and one in the oven, so that I could make notes and compare cooking times for you. It works well either way!
Here are a few photos of how I made them:
I quartered my potatoes because I wanted small pieces of potato in my casserole. Then I added diced ham, peppers and onion and stirred everything together with the seasoning packet. I cooked until the potatoes were tender (which took a little longer than usual because my pans were full of other stuff, too), and then added the eggs and milk on top and baked until the eggs were set. Sprinkle with cheese and you’re good to go!
This breakfast casserole is perfect for a weekend camping, an outdoor brunch, or anytime you need a quick, easy meal (which is always). Or it’s just a great no clean-up recipe that you can make in the oven any day!
*I am proud to be a brand ambassador for The Little Potato Company! Thank you for supporting brands that support The Recipe Rebel.
- 1 BBQ/Oven-Ready pack from The Little Potato Company (I used garlic herb)
- ½ cup diced sweet peppers
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup diced, cooked ham
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Chopped green onion, as desired for garnish
- Preheat the oven or barbecue to 425 degrees F. Peel the plastic off of the BBQ/Oven Ready pack and quarter the potatoes. Place the potatoes back in the foil pan and add the peppers, onion, ham, oil and seasoning packet (attached to the BBQ/Oven Ready pack) and stir until everything is coated in the oil and seasoning.
- Place in the oven or on the barbecue and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender (*If you’re using the barbecue, you might want to reduce the heat slightly on the side where the potatoes are – just be sure that your overall temperature is around 425-450 degrees).
- Stir together eggs, milk and salt and pour over cooked potatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until eggs are set completely, sprinkling with cheese a few minutes before eggs are done. Garnish with green onion if desired and serve.
You might also like these Grilled BBQ Chicken Potato Skins!
Or these Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Kebabs!
More great grilling recipes!
Grilled Tilapia with Corn Salsa from The Food Charlatan.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Mango Salsa from Yummy, Healthy, Easy
Spicy Korean-Inspired Grilled Chicken Wings from Sweet Peas and Saffron.