Creamy Italian Potato Salad
A fun new twist on classic Potato Salad! This Creamy Italian Potato Salad is filled with spinach, pesto, tomatoes, roasted red peppers and Parmesan cheese, it's perfect alongside grilled chicken or at any picnic!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1.5 lb Little Potatoes quartered
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons basil pesto
- 1 cube frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 2 large fresh basil leaves sliced (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese the real stuff!
In a large pot, cover potatoes in cold water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, and cook for 5-8 minutes, until tender. Drain, place in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold.
Mix together the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, pesto, spinach, vinegar and salt with a whisk.
To the bowl of chilled potatoes, add red peppers, tomatoes, basil and Parmesan. Pour dressing over and toss. Serve cold, or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 0.8mg