This Hamburger Soup recipe is hearty and comforting for chilly days! It's loaded with vegetables, ground beef, potatoes and can be cooked on the stove top or the crock pot!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 1 lb red potatoes finely chopped (about 3 medium)
- 3 large carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely sliced
- 540 ml diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings about 2 cups
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
In a large soup pot, saute ground beef and onion until beef is cooked through. Drain any resulting fat.
Add tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes and cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
Add potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes with juice, and broth. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium and cover.
Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and carrots are tender. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 1104mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5315IU | Vitamin C: 19.3mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4mg