Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe is a hearty, healthy breakfast recipe that is loaded with tender apples and fall spices. Gluten free and dairy free, plus meal prep breakfast friendly!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 apple peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegan margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger or nutmeg optional
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats (large flake)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or other sugar or sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt to taste
Add apples and butter to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until apples are tender-crisp.
Stir in cinnamon and other spices if desired. Cook 1 minute.
Add water and oats and stir until combined. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 13-15 minutes, until desired tenderness is reached.
Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup (or other sweetener), vanilla and salt. Adjust sweetness and salt to taste.
Serve with a splash of milk if desired
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1.8mg