No Bake Turtle Cheesecake
This NO BAKE Turtle Cheesecake is made with a chocolate cookie crust, salted caramel pecan layer, luscious cheesecake layer and a thin layer of chocolate ganache. Top it with whipped cream, caramel and pecans for a decadent treat!
Servings 16 servings
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs like Oreo or similar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 30 wrapped chewy caramel candies (I use Kraft) - 250g
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt (depending on how salty you like your caramel)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature 3 packages, 750g
- 1 1/2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate or chips 50g
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- Optional: caramel sauce, whipped cream and pecans for garnish
In a medium pan, combine caramels and cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until completely smooth and melted.
Stir in pecans and pour into crust. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until firm/dry to the touch.
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and combined.
Add cream, and beat on low until incorporated, then high until thickened and fluffy (should nearly hold stiff peaks when you pull the beaters out of the bowl)
Spread over cooled caramel in pan. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until nearly set.
Combine chocolate and cream in a small pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
Spread over cheesecake layer evenly.
Refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours, or overnight for best results. Serve with garnishes as desired.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 1mg