Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is better than Olive Garden! Loaded with tender chicken, chunks of vegetables, spinach in a creamy, flavorful broth - don't forget the crusty bread!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks (or finely chopped carrots)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2" pieces (or whole, see recipe instructions)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 cups small gnocchi (500g)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large dutch oven or soup pot, add oil and cook onion, celery and carrots over medium-high heat until slightly softened.
Add parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and stir.
Add chicken breasts (if you prefer, you can add them whole, and shred them after cooking) and broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 12-15 minutes.
Whisk together cream and corn starch and stir into the soup with the gnocchi. Let simmer for 4-5 minutes until gnocchi is tender and soup is slightly thickened.
Stir in spinach and Parmesan and serve.
Calories: 444.68kcal | Carbohydrates: 50.02g | Protein: 18.69g | Fat: 19.83g | Saturated Fat: 8.9g | Cholesterol: 68.53mg | Sodium: 792.79mg | Potassium: 455.15mg | Fiber: 3.86g | Sugar: 1.96g | Vitamin A: 4811.76IU | Vitamin C: 5.35mg | Calcium: 119.29mg | Iron: 5.14mg