Chicken Taco Salad
This Chicken Taco Salad is a healthy dinner idea that is loaded with flavor! Make the chicken stove top, in the Instant Pot or slow cooker.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/3 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning low sodium
- 1 head lettuce small, chopped or torn
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 avocado sliced or chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups jarred tomato salsa mild or spicy, to your preference
- 1 cup tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
- corn, chopped red onion, black beans, sour cream optional, as desired
In a medium skillet, pour in chicken broth and add chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the thickest part of chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F (or use my slow cooker or Instant Pot methods listed above).
Remove from skillet and let rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the rest of your ingredients. Slice chicken and place back in skillet with liquid for maximum flavor and moisture.
Add desired amount of lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese to a large plate or shallow bowl. Top with 1/4 of the chicken, and serve with 1/2 cup salsa and 1/4 cup tortilla strips, plus additional toppings listed as desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1329mg | Potassium: 1114mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1990IU | Vitamin C: 16.4mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 1.8mg