This Vegetarian Chili is the ultimate hearty and healthy comfort food. Perfect for cold days, it is packed with vegetables and warm Mexican spices. Ready in just 40 minutes, this one-pot meal is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
– 2 tablespoons canola oil – 1 medium onion (chopped) – 1 carrot (chopped) – 1 red pepper (chopped) – 1 small zucchini (chopped) – 2 tablespoons tomato paste – 1 tablespoon garlic minced – 2 tablespoons chili powder – 1 teaspoon cumin – ½ teaspoon salt – 1 can crushed tomatoes (798 ml/28 ounces) – 1 can kidney beans (540 ml/18 ounces) drained and rinsed – 1 can black beans (540ml/18 ounces) drained and rinsed – 1 cup corn frozen – 1 cup vegetable broth – 2 tablespoons bbq sauce – shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream, and other chili toppings as desired
– Place a large pot on medium-high heat, and add the oil. – Once hot, add the chopped onion, carrot, red pepper, and zucchini to the pot. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
– Add tomato paste, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the pot. Cook and stir for 1 minute to let the spices get fully mixed in.
– Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, vegetable broth, and BBQ sauce. Stir and cover.
– Simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. – Garnish and serve with your favorite toppings.