This Spicy Baked Feta is based on the classic Greek dish Mpougiourdi — it's made with feta, cherry tomatoes, green chili peppers, oregano and olive oil. Serve it with crusty bread or crackers for dipping!
– 150 grams block Feta cheese (about 5-6 oz) – 2 green chili peppers – ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes – 2 tablespoons olive oil – ¼ teaspoon dried oregano – salt and pepper
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. – Cut feta into cubes and place in a small baking dish. – Chop one of the chilis into fine pieces (you can remove the seeds for less heat if you prefer). Save one for garnishing the top.
– Add tomatoes, chopped chilis, olive oil, and oregano to the baking dish. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper (how much seasoning is needed will depend on how salty your feta is).
– Cover and bake for 20 minutes, until feta and tomatoes have softened.
– You can leave it as is or mash it lightly together. Serve with toasted baguette, breadsticks or crackers.