This easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken is made with store bought barbecue sauce and a couple secret ingredients! Make it with chicken breasts or thighs.
– 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs – salt and pepper – ¾ cup barbecue sauce – ½ cup brown sugar lightly packed – 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – ½ teaspoon onion powder – ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (up to ¼ teaspoon for more spice) – ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice – 2 tablespoons corn starch
– Place chicken breasts in a 3-4 quart slow cooker and season both sides with salt and pepper. – Pour barbecue sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder and red pepper flakes over chicken breasts.
– Whisk together pineapple juice and corn starch. Pour over chicken and give everything a good stir to combine.
– Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours.
– Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred with two forks or serve whole. You can shred them right in the sauce in the slow cooker, but I find it harder to see what I'm doing. Add the shredded chicken back into the sauce in the slow cooker and stir to coat.