This deliciously creamy and hearty One Pot Orecchiette with Sausage dish is perfect for a quick weeknight meal for the whole family! Made with Italian sausage and orecchiette pasta, it’s such a filling meal that’s great for so many occasions.
– 1 lb Ground Italian sausage (Or links, casings removed) – 1 medium onion diced – 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic – 1 teaspoon salt* – ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning – 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth – 1 cup heavy whipping cream** – 340 grams of uncooked Orecchiette pasta ¾ lb – 2 cups chopped fresh spinach – ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
– Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion and cook until sausage is browned and onion is softened about 4-5 minutes.
– Add garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
– Add broth and scrape the bottom of the pan if there are any stuck bits, then add the cream. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
– Add uncooked pasta, stir, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring often, until al dente (about 10-15 minutes).
– Stir in spinach and Parmesan and serve.