This One Pot Sausage and Rice dish has a rich and smoky flavor from the fire-roasted tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, garlic, and yummy smoked sausage. Ready in just over 30 minutes
– 2 tablespoons canola oil – 2 smoked sausages sliced – 1 onion finely diced – 1 green pepper finely diced – 1 red pepper finely diced – 2 cloves garlic minced – 1 teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon oregano – ¼ teaspoon black pepper – ¼ teaspoon paprika – 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional – 2½ cups low sodium chicken broth – 398 ml canned fire-roasted tomatoes 14 oz – 1½ cups long grain white rice (I used Jasmine)
– In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. – Add sausages, onion, and peppers and cook until starting to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
– Add garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, paprika, and pepper flakes if using. Cook for 1 minute.
– Add chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Stir in rinsed rice, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low.
– Cook, stirring occasionally as the rice cooks until it is al dente, about 12-15 minutes. – Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Serve.