This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is creamy and hearty with just the right amount of spice! Loaded with lean chicken, white beans, green chiles and corn it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
– 2 cups low sodium chicken broth – 540 ml canned white kidney beans drained & rinsed (19oz) – 341 ml canned corn (12oz), drained – 1 medium onion finely chopped – 127 ml canned green chiles (4.3oz) – 2-3 teaspoons chili powder (depending on your tastes) – ¾ teaspoon salt – 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 4 oz cream cheese room temperature – corn starch + water (to thicken – optional)
– Pour in the chicken broth, and add the beans, corn, onion, green chiles, chili powder, and salt. Give it a good stir.
– Add the chicken breasts and press down into the liquid. – Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and select Manual or Pressure Cook for 10 minutes. It will take 10-15 minutes to start counting down the cooking time.
– Once the cooking time is over, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then open the valve and remove the lid. – With two forks, either shred the chicken right in the Instant Pot or remove it to a cutting board to shred, then add the chicken back into the chili.
– Cut the cream cheese into very small pieces and add to the chili. Stir until melted and smooth. (If desired, you can stir together equal amounts corn starch and water and add to the chili to thicken further)