These Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are so soft, buttery, and creamy. This one-pot recipe comes together in 15 minutes and makes the perfect side dish for Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any weeknight dinner.
– 2 lbs red potatoes cut into 1.5″ pieces – 1 cup low sodium chicken broth – ½ teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning – ¼ teaspoon garlic powder – 1 pinch black pepper – 2 tablespoons butter – salt and pepper to taste – ½ cup cream (optional)
– Add potatoes to your Instant Pot (mine is a 6 quart) or electric pressure cooker (no need for a trivet!) Add the chicken broth, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper and stir until combined.
– Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and set to Manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes. It will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure
– When the cook time is over, turn the Instant Pot off and let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes (optional — you can do a quick release if you’re in a rush!) and then open the valve to release remaining pressure.
– Add butter and mash until smooth. Stir in cream if desired for extra creamy potatoes. Season to taste and serve.