The JUICIEST Instant Pot Chicken Breast! Made with an all purpose seasoning and one secret ingredient, this is the perfect pressure cooker chicken breast!
– ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning – ½ teaspoon salt – ¼ teaspoon paprika – ¼ teaspoon garlic powder – ⅛ teaspoon black pepper – 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (225 grams each roughly) 2 lbs total – 2 tablespoons oil – 1-1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth* – 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
– Combine seasoning ingredients: Italian seasoning, salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper. Sprinkle over all sides of chicken.
(Optional) Turn the Instant Pot to saute and wait until it reads 'hot'. Add oil. Sear chicken breasts on both sides (you may have to do two batches) until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the Instant Pot.
– Add the broth and scrape the bottom to remove any browned bits.
– Place the chicken breasts into the Instant Pot with the broth and top with the butter. – Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and select Pressure Cook or Manual for 8 minutes for 200-250 gram (8oz) chicken breasts, adding a minute or two if your chicken pieces are larger. It will take about 10 minutes to build pressure and begin counting down.
– When the cook time is over, let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes (or completely). Open the lid and remove the chicken. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.