How to Make a Smoothie: my formula for the thickest, creamiest, most delicious fruit smoothie every time! Tons of options for your liquid, your fruit and your add-ins!
– ¾ cup milk or juice (dairy or non-dairy, high fat or low fat) – ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or flavored) about 125 grams – 1 frozen banana (cut into or frozen in chunks) about 115 grams – 1 cup frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, or watermelon, cherries, pineapple, mango — options are endless!) – add ins and extras as desired (protein, nut butter, oats and other grains, extracts, etc)
– Pick a liquid. You can use dairy milk, non-dairy milk, juice, or even coconut water — really any liquid goes! You can even use cold tea. -- Yogurt is a great way to kick the protein up a notch and to make a deliciously thick and creamy texture.
– Pick a fruit! Frozen is best because they create a thick and refreshing smoothie! If you have fresh fruit, try to balance it out with a frozen banana or a cup of ice.
– Pick an add-in! Add protein, nut butter, oats and other grains, extracts, etc
– Add selected ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth, stopping and stirring as necessary.– Remove from the crockpot and serve with pasta or as desired.