– 1 lb lean ground turkey – 1 medium onion (finely diced) – 2 tablespoons tomato paste – 2 cloves garlic (finely minced) – 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional) – 1 tablespoon chili powder – 1 teaspoon cumin – 1 teaspoon oregano – 1 teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon paprika – ¼ teaspoon black pepper – ½-1 cup water For serving – 8 corn or flour tortillas – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese – 1 cup finely chopped lettuce – ½ cup jarred tomato salsa – fresh cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, etc. as desired for serving
– Cook ground turkey and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until browned.
– Stir in tomato paste, garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, paprika and pepper and cook until combined.
– Add a little water at a time, stirring until combined. The combination of the tomato paste and the water will make the taco mixture a little saucy which we love. Add only as much water as you want until your desired consistency is reached.
– Serve with tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, and any other toppings you enjoy!