This Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe is so simple and comes together in just 25 minutes. These mashed potatoes are smooth, creamy, decadent, and loaded with butter and herbs!
– 3 lbs Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes – 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon salt – 1 cup whole milk – ½ cup cream cheese (4 oz) – ¼ cup butter (½ of 1 stick) – ½ teaspoon garlic powder – ½ teaspoon dried parsley – ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
– Peel potatoes and cut into ½" – ¾" cubes. Place into a large pot and fill with cold water just to cover. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt.
– Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-13 minutes (they should easily be pierced with a sharp knife). Drain.
– Drain potatoes and add milk, cream cheese, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic powder, parsley and pepper.
– Mash just until smooth and combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve.