This Chicken Noodle Casserole is a classic comfort food ready with just 15 minutes of prep! Tender egg noodles, veggies, and juicy bites of chicken baked in a rich cream sauce.
– 3 cups uncooked egg noodles (190 grams) – ¼ cup unsalted butter – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – ½ teaspoon salt – ¼ teaspoon onion powder – ¼ teaspoon black pepper – ¼ cup all purpose flour – 2 cups low sodium chicken broth – ¾ cup heavy cream – 2 cups frozen peas and carrots – 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken – 60 grams saltine or Ritz crackers (about 18 crackers) – 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
– In a large skillet over medium heat, melt your butter.
– Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, onion powder and pepper and cook 1 minute. – Stir in flour until no white remains.
– Whisk in broth and cream and cook until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
– Cook noodles according to package directions, undercooking by 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
– In a large, greased baking dish (9×13"), combine cooked egg noodles, sauce, frozen peas and carrots and cooked chicken.
– Crush crackers in a medium zip top bag. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle over the top of the casserole. – Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.