This Chicken Florentine is a quick, yet decadent dinner! Tender and juicy chicken breasts are simmered with spinach, garlic, and seasonings in a rich, flavorful cream sauce. Ready in just 20 minutes!
– 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts – salt and pepper – 2 tablespoons oil – 1 tablespoon salted butter – 3 cloves fresh minced garlic – ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning – ¼ teaspoon salt – ⅛ teaspoon black pepper – 1 tablespoon flour – ½ cup dry white wine (can sub with chicken or vegetable broth) – ½ cup chicken broth – ½ cup heavy whipping cream – 2 cups fresh spinach – 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
– Halve chicken breasts the long way, so that you have two thin pieces of chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper.
– Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes per side), working in batches if necessary. – Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
– Add butter to the skillet and melt. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute. – Stir in flour until no white remains. – Add wine, broth, and cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until slightly thickened, scraping the bottom to loosen any browned bits if necessary.
– Stir in the spinach and Parmesan and return chicken to the pan. – Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and allow to heat through. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.