– 2 tablespoons oil – 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb) – salt and pepper – 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved) – ¼ cup water – 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon basil pesto* – 1 tablespoon honey – 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic (about 3 cloves) – 1 teaspoon corn starch – ½ teaspoon salt – ⅛ teaspoon black pepper – 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – fresh basil leaves
– Whisk together the sauce: water, balsamic vinegar, pesto, honey, garlic, corn starch, salt and pepper.
– Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Split chicken breasts. – Season with salt and pepper and light golden brown on each side in the skillet, about 5-6 minutes. – Add the tomatoes and cook.
– Pour glaze into the skillet with the chicken and tomatoes and cook until thickened (just a couple minutes). Add additional water to thin the sauce if desired.
– Top each chicken breasts with ¼ cup mozzarella. Place the lid on the skillet, remove from the heat and allow to melt (if desired, you can place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown. – Top with sliced fresh basil leaves if desired and serve.