This Cheeseburger Soup is thick, hearty and loaded with ground beef, potatoes, veggies and plenty of cheese! Make it on the stovetop or in the slow cooker.
– ½ lb lean ground beef – ½ medium onion finely chopped – 2 large carrots peeled and chopped – 1 rib celery chopped – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 1 teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon dried parsley – ½ teaspoon ground mustard – ¼ teaspoon black pepper – 3 cups low sodium chicken or beef broth – 1 lb potatoes cut into ½" cubes (about 3 medium) – 1 cup half and half cream – 3 tablespoons corn starch – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– In a large pot or dutch oven, cook ground beef and onions until almost browned, about 5 minutes. Drain fat if needed.
– Add carrots and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. – Add garlic, salt, parsley, mustard and pepper and cook 1 minute.
– Add broth and potatoes. – Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes and carrots are tender.
– Whisk together cream and corn starch and add to soup along with cheese, cooking and stirring on low until thickened. Serve.