This Butter Pecan Ice Cream requires just 7 ingredients and 25 minutes! It's rich, creamy, and loaded with brown sugar and vanilla flavor and toasty pecans!
– 1½ cups heavy whipping cream – 1½ cups whole milk – ¾-1 cup brown sugar use more or less according to your tastes – 4 egg yolks – 1 tablespoon vanilla extract – ¼ teaspoon salt – 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
– Freeze ice cream maker bowl according to instructions. – Whisk cream, milk, sugar, and egg yolks in a large saucepan until smooth. – Cook on medium heat and whisk constantly until thickened. like pudding. – Stir in vanilla and salt.
– Pour into a large glass measuring cup or bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap to the surface to keep a skin from forming. – Refrigerate until completely cold (you can speed this up by placing it in the freezer and stirring every 10 minutes).
– Place in the ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes or until a soft serve consistency.
– Add pecans in the last 5 minutes of churning or stir in at the end. – Pour into a glass loaf pan or baking dish and freeze until firm, about 4-6 hours.