This Blueberry Pie is made with fresh or frozen blueberries and a buttery homemade pie crust! Make with crumble or pie crust topping!
– 2 pie crusts (a double batch of my homemade pie crust recipe) – 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (675 grams) – 3 tablespoons corn starch (4 tablespoons for frozen berries) – 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150 grams) – 1 egg – 1 tablespoon water
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees F – Take half of the pie dough — enough for one crust — and roll it so that it is slightly larger than your pie plate (I use a 9" pie plate).
– In a large bowl, stir together blueberries, sugar and corn starch.
-- Pour blueberry mixture into bottom crust.
– Roll out second half of pie dough and place over top of the blueberries, trim and crimp the edges as desired, or you can make a lattice crust. I – Whisk together egg and water and brush over the top crust (this is optional — it just helps the crust to brown nicely).
– Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes until light golden brown. Cover with foil, reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking until filling is thick and bubbly, about 30-50 minutes. – Let rest at room temperature or chill for 2-3 hours before serving.