Posted by https://www.thereciperebel.com/triple-berry-angel-food-cake-roll-a-red-white-and-blue-dessert-video/
© 2017 The Recipe Rebel. All rights reserved.
Triple Berry Angel Food Cake Roll (a Red, White and Blue dessert) + VIDEO
This Triple Berry Angel Food Cake Roll is an easy red, white and blue dessert (or just red and white!) for the 4th of July or Canada Day, or any day! Perfect with fresh summer strawberries, raspberries and blueberries 🙂 Includes step by step recipe video.
- 1 Angel Food Cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1/4 cup + 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 8 oz light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (35%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line the bottom of a 10x15x1" rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (make sure that it lays flat on the bottom). Do not grease the pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden and the edges start to crack. *NOTE: It will rise up in the pan significantly, even over the top. But even though it gets high it should not flow over -- if you're concerned, slip an extra baking sheet or a piece of foil underneath just in case.
- Loosen cake from the edges of the pan while it's still warm -- it's going to be a little sticky, like angel food cake is, but it will come away easily.
- Spread out a clean kitchen towel and sprinkle evenly with ¼ cup powdered sugar. Flip warm cake out onto the towel, peel off the parchment paper and immediately roll up starting at the short end, WITH the towel inside. Let cool completely (at room temperature for 1-2 hours or pop it in the fridge or freeze momentarily if you're impatient like me! You don't want it hot inside when you add your filling.)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add ¾ cup powdered sugar, vanilla and cream and beat on low until combined, then on high for 3-4 minutes until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Unroll cooled cake (you can just leave it laying on the towel) and spread with half of the filling and top with half of the berries. Carefully roll back up (this time without the towel!) and place on a serving plate. Spread top and sides with remaining filling and top with remaining berries. Serve immediately (leftovers are best eaten within 24 hours).
Loading nutrition data...