So when you started following along here you might have thought I was somewhat creative with my meal ideas.
But I’m assuming by now you all know that I just pizza everything.
And I totally just used “pizza” as a verb.
If waffle can be a verb, pizza can definitely be a verb.
I think it’s kind of my thing — seeing how many different classic recipes I can “pizza”. I never intended it to be my thing, it just kind of happened. (See more evidence of my pizza obsession down below the recipe)
I think it blossomed from my love of pizza and my desire to create things that haven’t been seen before. Or things that at least get you thinking about classic comfort food in a new light.
And since I love scalloped potatoes, it seemed only natural.
But also, it’s pepperoni and cheese.
And I’ve been mixing up smoothies every afternoon so that I can have my pepperoni and cheese come dinner time.
How about you? Do you have room for a little pepperoni and cheese in your life this time of year?
Basically, it’s layers of thinly sliced potatoes, béchamel sauce, pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese. There’s nothing not to love!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Pepperoni Pizza Scalloped Potatoes
- 10 medium potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2-1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lightly grease a 9×13” and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook potatoes for about 5 minutes until nearly cooked through (they should still have a bite to them). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, start cooking your sauce. In a medium pot, melt butter. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Stir in milk slowly with a whisk until combined. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until thickened. Add salt to taste. Assemble your dish.
- Spread half of the potatoes in the bottom of your dish. Top with half of your white sauce, half of the pizza sauce, half of the pepperoni, and half of the cheese (*see note). Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel