Posted by Ashleyhttps://www.thereciperebel.com/no-bake-turtle-cookies/
© 2015 The Recipe Rebel. All rights reserved.
No-Bake Turtle Cookies
No-Bake Turtle Cookies: Perfect chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies topped with thick caramel, pecans, and a drizzle of chocolate! Taking no-bake cookies to the next level 🙂 www.thereciperebel.com
stick (1/2 cup) butter
cups granulated sugar
cups oats (I used quick)
cups shredded coconut
cup dulce de leche (see recipe in post)
cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, salt and vanilla. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking often. Boil 1 minute, and then add oats and coconut to the pot and stir until combined.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets and flatten the tops slightly. Allow to cool and set (you can speed this up in the refrigerator or freezer).
- Once set, spread each cookie with a spoonful of dulce de leche and top with a pecan half.
- Melt together chopped chocolate and milk and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and allow to set at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Store cookies in the refrigerator or freezer.