Posted by Ashleyhttps://www.thereciperebel.com/easy-roasted-tomato-soup-and-a-giveaway/
© 2017 The Recipe Rebel. All rights reserved.
Easy Roasted Tomato Soup and a Giveaway
This Easy Roasted Tomato Soup is MUCH better than the can and couldn't be simpler -- perfect for fresh garden tomatoes and herbs! A healthy gluten-free and vegetarian meal with dairy free and vegan options.
(1360g) Roma tomatoes (about 9 large)
small onion (or less, if you prefer), sliced
cup olive oil
tablespoons minced garlic
can (370ml or 1 2/3 cup) evaporated milk, or cream, optional
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional (not really)
tablespoons fresh basil
tablespoons tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve tomatoes and place cut side up with the onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and add garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to coat well.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, just until starting to brown.
- Place in the blender and puree until smooth (you'll want to leave the lid cracked slightly so the steam can escape).
- Add milk, cheese, basil, tomato paste, and sugar and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve immediately with grilled cheese for dunking (obviously!).
Nutrition information is estimated and will vary depending on exact serving size, types and brands of products used.
This recipe also has 58% of your Vitamin A, 110% of your Vitamin C, and 35% of your Calcium needs.