Posted by Ashleyhttps://www.thereciperebel.com/easy-homemade-cherry-bbq-sauce-recipe-video/
© 2017 The Recipe Rebel. All rights reserved.
Easy Homemade Cherry BBQ Sauce + RECIPE VIDEO
This Easy Homemade Cherry BBQ Sauce is made with fresh or frozen cherries and goes perfectly with chicken or pork. Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge or freezer all summer long! Includes how to recipe video
cups fresh or frozen sweet cherries, pitted
cup + 1 tablespoon water
cup brown sugar
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
tablespoon tomato paste
teaspoon minced garlic
pinch red pepper flakes (1/4 tsp if you like it spicy!)
tablespoon corn starch
- In a medium pot, combine cherries, ⅔ cup water, brown sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until cherries are soft and mixture is slightly reduced.
- With an immersion blender (or in a food processor or a regular blender if you have one that handles hot liquids -- be sure to check!), puree cherries in the pot. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove remaining skins if desired.
- Return sauce to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Combine 1 tablespoon water and corn starch. Whisk into the sauce gradually, thickening until desired consistency is reached.
- Cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator up to 2-3 weeks.