Maybe you know I’m kind of a picky eater.
Yeah, I was one of those kids growing up. I’m pretty sure my mom takes full responsibility (right Mom?). She was way too nice to us.
I mean, I’ll eat cooked corn, potatoes, carrots and peas. Peppers. Maybe some celery, onion, tomatoes when they’re mixed into things. That’s about it.
My toddler on the other hand? Loves them all. Preeeetty sure I’m going to take all the credit for that.
I’m not saying I’m mother of the year. I’m just saying my mom is super nice. And I was determined never to be that nice to my kids.
I love my kids, but I was determined right from the beginning that they would love their veggies. And so far, so good.
Me on the other hand? Not so much. I sneak them into my own food.
And this isn’t the first recipe I’ve tried from Campbell’s that does a good job of hiding veggies with things like pasta, sauce and cheese. Because who doesn’t love those?!
I stuck pretty close to the recipe, but I left out the mushrooms because I’m not a huge fan, and I swapped the mushroom soup for tomato. If you’re a fan of mushrooms, you can totally stick with the original recipe right here.
This is an awesome, hearty, comforting meal for those days that are still a little bit cool (though I’ll be the first to admit I can eat comfort food ALL year long!). It’s super easy to customize by swapping out your favorite Campbell’s soup and veggies.
If you’re looking for more meal ideas that are Simple to Make, Easy to Love, be sure to check out the Cook with Campbells Mobile App where you can browse recipes by theme, create a recipe box and a shopping list!
Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Cheesy Beef Skillet Dinner
Cheesy Beef Skillet Dinner: a simple weeknight dinner that the whole family will love! www.thereciperebel.com
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) steak spice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (796 mL) tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 cups (500 mL) macaroni, cooked to al dente and drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) aged Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green onion, chopped
- In a large pan, scramble fry ground beef and steak spice in oil for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add in tomatoes, soup and mustard. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Stir in cooked macaroni and 1 cup of the cheese combined and melted.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese and green onion. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.