This White Chocolate Toffee Cheese Ball is an easy, no bake dessert that’s perfect for any season! Shaped into a snowman, it makes a great addition to a holiday table. Easy to make ahead and freezer friendly!
I have this thing with cream cheese. Maybe you don’t know.
Growing up, cheesecake was something really special. My mom only ever made no bake cheesecake (cherry!), but it was one of my favorite things ever.
Once I started to venture out into the world on my own, I discovered something called Baked Cheesecake, and my life was changed. I became a Cheesecake-a-holic.
I suppose it was only a matter of time. I mean, all desserts with cream cheese are incredible, yes??
This is embarrassing, but I’m going to tell you anyway.
So, I’m Canadian (don’t laugh — that is not the punch line!). But we live pretty close to the American border (only about a couple hours), and maybe 4-5 hours from the nearest large American city. For a while, we would go down to the U.S. for the weekend to shop maybe once or twice a year. And every time before we left to come home, I’d stop at the grocery store and pick up a case of cream cheese to bring home.
Yes, I’m serious.
It was always just so much cheaper, and when you’re making a cheesecake with 3 or 4 or 5 blocks of cream cheese in it, it really is a splurge! Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way.
So, I’d never made a cheese ball before I made this one. But I was coming up with some holiday recipes I wanted to try and I knew I wanted to try to do at least one somewhat cutesy holiday thing (note these Santa Claus cupcakes?). Since I’m not really that great at cutesy baking, I thought starting with a big, malleable (there’s my big word for the day) lump of cream cheese was a good place to start.
I’m pretty happy with the way my little snowman turned out, and even happier with how he tastes! I decided to go with white chocolate because I wanted him as close to white as possible, but I added in some toffee bits and chopped peanuts for flavor, a bit of saltiness and some texture, too. This cheese ball is great served with graham crackers or wafer cookies, but I love it with apple slices! Plus, it makes me feel better about my dessert 🙂
- 1.5 packages (12 oz) cream cheese, light or regular
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup powdered icing sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cream
- ½ cup toffee bits
- ½ cup finely chopped, salted peanuts
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- Garnish: chocolate chips, long red licorice, orange gummy candy, and a chocolate cookie
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in brown sugar, powdered sugar, and flour and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine white chocolate and cream. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds, then stir. If not completely melted and smooth, microwave again for 15 seconds, stir again until smooth.
- Add to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in toffee bits and peanuts. Cover with plastic wrap place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Lay down two large pieces of plastic wrap and shape a large ball on one, and a small ball on the other. It is easiest to shape into balls once you have wrapped it in the plastic wrap. Place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from the plastic wrap and roll in the coconut to coat all sides. Place on serving plate, one ball next to the other as pictured.
- Garnish with chocolate chips, licorice, gummies and cookie as pictured if desired. Serve with graham crackers, cookies, and fruit.
More cheese balls!
Mini Cheese Balls with Cranberries and Pistachios from Flavor the Moments
Easy Cheese Ball from Yummy Healthy Easy
Rocky Road Cheese Ball from The Gunny Sack