We LOVED this Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken — it’s the perfect mix of sweet and spicy and great in tacos, quesadillas, salads, on top of rice or in a sandwich! Also freezer friendly before AND after cooking!
So a while back I told you about the taco party we had for my daughter’s 4th birthday, and the Mango Salsa that everyone loved. Well, here I am again.
Since that day we have been loving tacos. Right up there at #1? Chicken tacos with Mango Salsa.
But I know that maybe not everyone has time to make homemade salsa (though I know that you should make time because it is amazing!), and so I’m here with a compromise.
This recipe is just a few simple ingredients and SO easy to customize.
For us, these days, it’s what we need! You can easily spice things up by using a spicier salsa, adding some hot sauce or jalapenos, or you can make it sweeter by adding even more mangoes or brown sugar. You can add chipotle peppers for a smokier flavor, and you can serve up the chicken however you like.
May I suggest in a taco? 🙂
Friends, mango and chicken is a match made in Heaven. Seriously.
Now that I’m fully aware of the deliciousness, I may never be the same. You might start to see every variation of mango and chicken that my mind can dream up. And you might just have to deal with it because this here is my corner of the internet and mango chicken is thebomb.com.
- I use a 4 quart Crock Pot slow cooker for this recipe and there’s still lots of room in it: if you wanted to serve more people, you can definitely double up the recipe!
- I can’t recommend these Slow Cooker Liners enough — I absolutely HATE washing my slow cooker!
- There are 2 ways to freeze this recipe: before and after cooking. If you want, you can place raw chicken breasts along with the rest of the ingredients in large freezer bags, freeze, and dump in the slow cooker later. You’ll want to let it cook for about 8 hours on low straight from frozen. Or you can cook the chicken and freeze for later, then simply thaw and serve!
See how easy it is to make!
Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken
We LOVED this Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken -- it's the perfect mix of sweet and spicy and great in tacos, quesadillas, salads, on top of rice or in a sandwich! Also freezer friendly before AND after cooking!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place all ingredients in a 3-4 quart slow cooker and stir until evenly distributed.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Shred and serve on tacos, in quesadillas, on rice, on a salad, or wherever you like!
- *See post above for freezer directions.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 160 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|