4-6 servings adjust servings
One-Pot Sausage, Tomato and Pesto Pasta
5 mins 2017-07-25T00:05:00+00:00Prep Time
20 mins 2017-07-25T00:20:00+00:00Cook Time
One Pot Sausage, Tomato and Pesto Pasta -- a super easy meal for weeknights or busy weekends! Packed full of flavour. www.thereciperebel.com
- 1-1 1/2 lbs sausage, casing removed (I used regular smoked sausage, you could also use Italian)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups rotini pasta (or other short pasta)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, drained slightly
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, crumble sausage and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Add garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add pasta, broth, milk, tomatoes, and pesto and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10-12 minutes until pasta is cooked and liquid has reduced and thickened. Stir in cheese.
- If there's still quite a bit of liquid in the pasta, let sit for 4-5 minutes and it will continue to thicken. If your liquid has reduced before your pasta has cooked, add in a small amount of liquid and continue cooking.