One-Pot Sausage, Tomato and Pesto Pasta
One Pot Sausage, Tomato and Pesto Pasta -- a super easy meal for weeknights or busy weekends! Packed full of flavour. www.thereciperebel.com
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1-1½ lbs sausage, casing removed (I used regular smoked sausage, you could also use Italian)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1½ tsp salt
- 5 cups rotini pasta (or other short pasta)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, drained slightly
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, crumble sausage and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Add garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add pasta, broth, milk, tomatoes, and pesto and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10-12 minutes until pasta is cooked and liquid has reduced and thickened. Stir in cheese.
- If there's still quite a bit of liquid in the pasta, let sit for 4-5 minutes and it will continue to thicken. If your liquid has reduced before your pasta has cooked, add in a small amount of liquid and continue cooking.