This BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Rice is an easy, one pot meal made with simple ingredients that the whole family will love!
Honestly, I’m not sure what’s with my sudden obsession with cheeseburger everything. Bacon Cheeseburger Cupcakes (yeah you read that right!) and now Bacon Cheeseburger Rice?!?
The thing is, I actually don’t like cheeseburgers.
(I know, crazy right?!)
I always, always, always skip the cheese on my burgers. Bun, burger, ketchup, pickles (and please don’t forget the pickles!) — that’s me.
It’s not that I don’t like cheese, or that I don’t like cheese and beef together (because you know I have plenty of those recipes!). I think the only reason is these preconceived notions about what I do and don’t like that I’ve carried through childhood.
Anyone else have any of those? I’m sure I’m the only one 😉
I’m going to keep things short today and let you get to the recipe. I love this dish because (a) it only uses one pot, (b) it’s EASY, and (c) it’s a crowd pleaser!
This is also one of those recipes that you could easily sneak lots of extra veggies into. I kept mine pretty basic, because I didn’t want anyone to feel like they had to add all of these extra things into it. But if you’re looking to add some extra nutritional value, you could easily add in a shredded carrot, some chopped spinach, or some mushrooms and that picky eater at your table won’t ever know.
And since today is yet another edition of 30 Minute Thursday, you can find all kinds of other 30 minute meals down below to add to your menu plan this month! Perfect for those busy weeknights or beginning cooks 🙂
See how easy it is to make and subscribe on YouTube!
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey would be great!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups instant rice
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a bowl lined with paper towel (to absorb the grease). Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel if necessary.
- To the skillet, add the beef. Cook, stirring often, until browned. Add the salt and stir.
- Add the tomatoes with liquid, water and rice and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover skillet with lid or with a piece of foil, and reduce heat to medium low. Let cook for 4-5 minutes until rice is tender.
- Uncover and stir in barbecue sauce, cheese, onions and reserved bacon. Adjust seasonings, adding more salt or barbecue sauce if desired.
Be sure to check out the rest of these 30 minute meals from friends!
Baked Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup by Kristine’s Kitchen
One Pot Pizza Gnocchi Pasta by Savory Nothings
30-Minute Cheesy Mexican Rice Skillet by Flavor the Moments
Skinny Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta by Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry with Orange by Floating Kitchen
Kale Pesto Pasta with Tofu by She Likes Food
Garlic Butter Monte Cristo Pull-Apart Sliders by Whole and Heavenly Oven
Shrimp and Vodka Penne Pasta by My Kitchen Craze