We loved this NO BAKE Cookie Dough Cheesecake — it’s made with edible cookie dough and an Oreo crust and is an extra special dessert for the holidays!
What is it about cookie dough that everyone loves?
I remember as a child consuming my fair share of cookie dough while I was supposed to be baking cookies for my mom (and as you already know, my Mom’s Chocolate Chip Cookies and my Mom’s Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are the real deal).
As I grew up though, I kind of stopped indulging in that forbidden treat.
I’m not sure why — maybe it was me trying to be a responsible adult in front of my children (also the reason I stopped chugging milk from jug immediately after).
I’m happy to say that although this cheesecake is totally indulgent, there are no raw eggs or any of that jazz that starts to concern some people when you mention consuming cookie dough. It’s all perfectly safe and incredibly delicious!
There is a layer of cookie dough under the cheesecake, cookie dough balls mixed throughout, and a pile of cookie dough balls on top — so it’s perfect with a cup of coffee (or tall glass of milk)!
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 300g bag chocolate sandwich cookies (about 25 cookies)
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine melted butter and cookies in a food processor and process until smooth and a ball forms.
- Press into a 9" Springform pan (or a pie plate or square pan works just fine, too!).
- In a medium bowl, stir together softened butter and sugar with a spoon. Add salt, vanilla, milk, and flour and stir until a dough forms, adding a little more milk if needed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, cream, sugar, and vanilla until completely smooth and fluffy -- about 5 minutes on high speed.
- Divide the cookie dough in thirds. Roll 1 third into a circle the size of your pan and lay on top of your crust (I do this between 2 sheets of wax paper and it works perfectly!). Roll remaining ⅔ into small balls. Stir half of the cookie dough balls into the cheesecake, and set the remaining in the fridge for garnish.
- Top with cheesecake mixture and set in the refrigerator to chill until set, at least 4 hours.
- Garnish cheesecake with whipped cream if desired and extra cookie dough balls. Serve and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.