These no bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pinwheels are easy with only 3 ingredients! They are made up of two layers of fudge, rolled together into a pinwheel shape!
So, in October and November, I was all like, “I’m going to make more Real Food recipes — recipes that everyone needs in their day to day lives. Easy weeknight dinners, healthier comfort food, that sort of thing.”
But December rolls around and all I want to do is bake. I go to bed and have visions of chocolate and peanut butter and mint and white chocolate and cranberry and caramel and nuts, Mint Chocolate No Bake Cookies and Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Blondies and Cranberry Cake and pies (okay, not pies) and fudge and candies and Grandma’s Candy Popcorn….
And so, forgive me while I act completely irresponsibly this month. ‘Tis the season!
But I figure I’ve got a good number of those easy, healthier dinners in the archives for you so this is okay? I trust you’ll forgive me.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Pinwheels came from an old Taste of Home magazine (yes, I’ve been getting a lot of my inspiration there lately!), but when I read the recipe it just didn’t make sense to me. The measurements just didn’t seem right. So I improvised, as one does, and am totally happy with the results!
My favorite part about this recipe is the flexibility! You can use any kind of chips — dark chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, etc., and mix and match flavors or add extracts like mint or orange to make something totally unique. Plus, they’re easy! And perfect for those holiday baking trays
See how easy they are to make! Don’t forget to subscribe on YouTube
- 1½ cups peanut butter chips
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 15x10" baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter chips and half the can of sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir. If not completely smooth, microwave again for 15 seconds, and stir until smooth. Mixture will be thick like fudge.
- Spread into prepared pan, using your hands to smooth it out if you have to (it's not sticky, so it will spread easily!).
- In another medium, microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and the rest of the sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir. If not completely smooth, microwave again for 15 seconds, and stir until smooth. Mixture will be thick like fudge.
- Spread on top of the peanut butter mixture carefully.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Starting at the long side, roll up carefully and tightly, making sure to leave the foil behind. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours before slicing.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks.
More chocolate and peanut butter love!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from How Sweet Eats
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread from Texanerin