These Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes are light, fluffy and made healthier with whole wheat flour! They’re loaded with blueberries and pack a punch of citrus flavor!
Can we all just agree that breakfast is the best meal of the day? I was so happy that our topic for the Food Holiday Bloggers group was a breakfast recipe this month!
I don’t care whether it’s served in the morning, at lunch or for dinner — breakfast is where it’s at.
Pancakes are kind of our go-to for weekend breakfasts and those “oh, shoot, what am I going to make for dinner?!” kind of moments — they’re so quick to throw together and there’s a pretty good chance you always have all the ingredients on hand.
I was watching Food Network once (long, long ago when I actually had time for that sort of thing!), and Jamie Oliver was doing his One Cup Pancake thing. It has stuck with me since then and to this day I never use a recipe when I’m making pancakes. I have Jamie in the back of my mind, and just sort of wing it from there.
I will often swap out the liquid for yogurt because it adds a nice boost of protein, and I always use whole wheat flour in pancakes, and for most of my baking. I know that since I will never quit carbs, I need to make them better for me.
I also don’t ever add sugar to my pancakes. Usually, they’re either smothered in syrup or whipped cream and berries, so I don’t feel like we’re really missing out. If you’re going to eat the pancakes plain without those things, you may want to add in a couple of tablespoons of sugar.
- Cooking pancakes on a large griddle has changed my life forever. Now we can cook them all at once and actually eat together!
- All you need is a mixing bowl and a whisk for these babies — no fancy equipment required!
- If you have leftovers, freeze them in a large freezer bag! Then you can pop them in the microwave, toaster or reheat in a frying pan.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup 0% vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add in eggs, milk, yogurt, zest, juice, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Ladle desired amount onto a hot, lightly greased griddle and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and more blueberries if desired!
See the rest of the Food Holiday Bloggers pancake recipes below!