My husband’s FAVORITE! This Layered Broccoli Salad is loaded with cheddar cheese, raisins, cranberries, bacon and walnuts and served with a sweet and tangy dressing!
I know, I know.
It’s broccoli. And it’s a salad. I understand that they are two things you don’t see much of over here, not because we don’t eat them in this house but because I generally don’t eat them.
See, the hubs and kids love broccoli and salad. It’s always been important to me that my kids have great eating habits, and love their fruits and veggies.
Well, mission accomplished. I actually often will leave the veggies off of the dinner table because if I put them on at the beginning, they will not eat anything else! When they’ve eaten some of what has been prepared, then I bring out the fresh veggies for dessert.
I have had the pleasure to photograph some recipes for Bothwell Cheese: they produce insanely delicious cheese right here in Manitoba. I asked if I could share a few of our favorites that we’ve made from their web site, and they generously agreed!
So, here I am. And I had to share this Layered Broccoli Salad because my husband said it was the best broccoli salad he’s ever had. It’s just sweet enough, and loaded with allllllll kinds of good things, including a good dose of Bothwell Cheese.
Find the original recipe from Bothwell Cheese here. This post is not sponsored by Bothwell Cheese.
Layered Broccoli Salad
My husband's FAVORITE! This Layered Broccoli Salad is loaded with cheddar cheese, cranberries, bacon and walnuts and served with a sweet and tangy dressing!
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries or raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Bothwell Medium Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or use sunflower seeds!)
- 2 Tbsp bacon pieces
- In a large glass serving bowl, layer the broccoli, onion and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Drizzle the yogurt dressing over the layered salad.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Toss just before serving and sprinkle with walnuts and bacon.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 265kcal Calories from fat 160|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|